Blueberry season just ended and they have been plentiful in my fridge this summer. Whenever they go on sale at the grocery store, I always make sure to stock up and have plenty of them frozen, ready for any use! One of my favourite ways to use blueberries is in this blueberry banana bundt cake. I like to use ripped bananas as it adds a natural sweetness to the batter while keeping it moist. You can easily make this in a loaf pan but I love the way it looks in a bundt pan. I hope you guys try out this recipe – it’s packed full of blueberry goodness.
Now set forth and be savvy!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed, 3 tbsp hot water)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup white all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas (aprox 1 cup mashed bananas)
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare the bundt cake mould by generously greasing it with coconut oil
- In a small bowl, make your flax egg by mixing the ground flax seed and hot water, set aside
- In another small bowl, make the buttermilk by mixing the soy milk and apple cider vinegar together
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl. Add the flax egg. soy milk mixture, lemon juice and zest and mix to combine
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combined
- Add the blueberries and combine
- Pour the mixture into a bundt cake mould.
- Bake loaf for 45-55 minutes (depending on your oven)