I love having a well stocked pantry so that I can whip up any recipe that my family is craving that week without having to go to the grocery store. One of my pantry staple recipes is this easy 5 ingredient salsa. The base of this salsa is canned diced tomatoes, and it uses ingredients that are already in my fridge and pantry. The only ingredient that we may or may not have is cilantro, but a quick hack is to save some in the freezer for last minute recipes like this one.
All of the ingredients are thrown into the food processor and is ready in less than 5 minutes. I love using this salsa to eat with tortilla chips, as a topping to tacos or even as a sauce for casseroles. Can be jarred and frozen for up to 3 months!
Leave a comment below on what you like to use this salsa with!
Now set forth and be savvy!
- 1 28 oz can of whole or diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno (seeded if you prefer less heat)
- 1 red onion
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- In a food processor, add all of the above ingredients
- Pulse for 30 seconds, ensuring that the salsa is chunky
- You can freeze half of the salsa for a later use for up to 6 months in the freezer
- Serve with chips and enjoy!