The TikTok Tuncado recipe has taken the internet by storm with its unique combination of tuna, avocado, and seasonings. I wanted to veganize this recipe with smoked tofu! In this blog post, I’ll show you how to make a vegan version of the TikTok Tuncado recipe using smoked tofu instead of tuna and made gluten free using The Thin Artisan Flatbread from Little Northern Bakehouse. I also used furikake to add some fishiness to the smoked tofu that you would usually find in canned tuna. My toddler and infant loved this “tuna” salad as much as I did and it will definitely be added to the lunch rotation!
Now set forth and be savvy!
~Makes 2 servings of tuna
- 2 Gluten Free Flatbreads of your choice – I used 1 package of Thin Artisan Flatbread from Little Northern Bakehouse
- Block of Smoked Tofu – 180 g
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tsp furikake
- 1 tbsp vegan pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- Shred the smoked tofu on a box grater
- Add in the vegan mayo and furikake, mix until well combined
- Cut each flat bread in half
- Spread the pesto on 2 of the halves of the flat bread
- Divide the tofu mixture in half and spread on top of the flatbread topped with pesto
- Add half of the sliced avocado to each flatbread
- Add half of the sliced tomato to each flatbread
- Close the sandwich with the other half of the flatbread
- Press in a panini maker for a minute, rotate then press for another minute to get the criss-cross grill marks
- Serve and enjoy!