In a recent attempt to clean out my pantry, I noticed a small jar of macadamia nuts that I had purchased but never used. Since my husband is currently laid off and watching the babe, I decided to bake some cookies. Since my husband has lots of interviews this week, I decided that it would be best to get as much baking done while I can and to have them readily available in the freezer, since my time will be all consumed with watching the little one again.
This recipe uses my Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe as the base with the add in’s as the only modification.
See below for the full recipe – I will definitely have to pick up more macadamia nuts in the future so I can make another batch!
Now set forth and be savvy!
Makes ~72 cookies
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed, 6 tbsp hot water)
- 1 cup softened unsalted vegan butter (I like to use Melt or Becel sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch (optional, I find it adds chewiness)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Make your flax egg by mixing the ground flax seed and hot water in a bowl, set aside
- In a stand mixer (or by hand), cream together the unsalted vegan butter with the brown and granulated sugar.
- Add in the vanilla extract and the flax eggs and mix until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl
- Add in your flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda and salt and continue mixing until the flour is well incorporated
- Taking it off the stand mixer, mix in your white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- With a mini cookie scooper, scoop out the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to space the cookies about 2 inches apart since they will spread
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about a minute before transferring onto a cooling rack
- Enjoy while they’re warm and gooey!