Ever since I bought my T-fal actifry over a year ago, I’ve been scouring the internet for all things actifry. I love savoury snacks, so I knew I had to discover different ways to make easy, healthy snacks in my actifry. I love making homemade snacks so I can control the amount of oil and salt being used.
These roasted spicy chickpeas will leave you feeling satisfied and will quell any temptation for a bag of chips. These are crunchy, have that umami sensation and are really filling, so just a handful will help you get through the afternoon blues.
Whenever I use my actifry, I always like to cook my veggies half way before I add the seasoning – I find that if I add the seasoning at the beginning of the cook time, by the time it’s done, the seasoning has disintegrated.
I’ve only been making this version, but will be posting different flavours in the future. Comment below if you have any recommendations!
Now set forth and be savvy!
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and dried
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- Place the chickpeas and oil in your actifry. Set time for for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes are up, add the seasoning. Set time for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool before munching on these or you’ll burn the roof of your mouth!
- You can also use this recipe in an oven – roast for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Check out below for why I pack these when we travel!