Even though spring is right around the corner, I love a big bowl of soup any time of year. This spicy cabbage soup is super easy, favourful and filling! Feel free to change up the ingredients based on what you have on hand. Adding kimchi and rice cakes would also be delicious!
It is important to include the gochujang paste and the cabbage as this make the base of the soup.
This soup can be kept in the fridge for up to a week, and frozen for 3 months.
Check out my video below which features this recipe!
Now set forth and be savvy!
Makes 6 – 8 portions
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or any light tasting oil you have)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 pkg shiitake mushrooms (117G), sliced
- 1/2 large green cabbage, sliced into bit sized pieces
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 broccoli head, diced with the stem as well
- ¼ cup gochujang
- 1 pkg smoked tofu (117G), diced
- 5 cups water
- 1 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- Set a large pot on the stove on medium-high heat.
- When the pot is hot, sautee the onion and garlic in the avocado oil for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to sautee for another minute.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, zucchini and stem of the broccoli and continue to sautee again for 2 minutes. If you notice the veggies getting stuck to the bottom of the pot, add a splash of water.
- Add the broccoli florets to the pot along with the gochujang. Coat all of the veggies in the paste.
- Add the smoked tofu, water and tamari.
- Cover the pot and bring up to a boil. Once the pot is boiling, turn the heat down to medium low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
One thought on “Spicy Gochujang Cabbage Soup”
This soup sounds amazing!
Great timing too…currently facing another thunderstorm 🥶