I’ve been seeing this DIY absolutely everywhere, whether it be for a wedding or even just a décor piece in your home. I knew I wanted to make this as soon as I saw it and am happy I had the bridal shower as an excuse to make it. I am so happy to show you this 3rd DIY in my garden inspired DIY series because it is honestly the easiest DIY that will leave everyone amazed. This ended up costing me a total of $14.50 CAD but I would said it’s probably max $10 since most of the flowers will be using in another DIY.
This wreath was perfect for the bridal shower as a backdrop but it was also super cute to take photos with as well. This Rose Gold Floral wreath is so easily customizable based on your color scheme and your style. The hardest part was really the spray painting and waiting overnight part.
Materials you will need for this project:
- Hula hoop, I purchased a large size from the dollar store for $2 (you can also purchase medium and small sizes based on the size that you want)
- Rose gold spray paint for $10 (for me it was free because I always have spray paint on hand)
- Package of 50 tie wraps for $1.25
- Assortment of flowers and a vine. Including the vine I had 5 kinds of florals that I used for a total of $11.25
- Heavy duty scissors or pliers
- Lay out all of your flowers around the hoop so you can see what type of design you like.
- Once you are happy with the design, you’re going to cut off the flowers from the bouquets but keep the stems attached to the flowers as you will need this to anchor to the hoop. You may want to use pliers if you have them since the wires are so thick I ended up breaking a pair of scissors.
- Using your tie wraps, attach the vine to the hoop with about 5 inch spaces in between. This should be enough tie wraps to hold it in place. You should only be able to see the tie wraps from behind. Adjust the vines to hide any expose tie wraps.
- Now you’re going to attach the flowers. Bend the stems of the flowers so it creates an L shape with the flower head being at the bottom of the L. Secure the flowers to the hoop by wrapping the tie wrap around the stem of the flower (the longest part of the L) to the hoop. You may need 2 tie wraps, 1 closest to the head of the flower and 1 at the end of the stem. Repeat for all of the flowers. Position the stems so that they are behind the vine or behind the other heads of the flowers. The stems should not be visible from the front.
- Complete until you have attached all of the flowers. And that’s pretty much it. No glue required. No tape required.
- Cut off any excess tie wraps and discard.
Everyone was so impressed with this wreath at the bridal shower. It honestly looks like something I could have purchased from Etsy for $50.
Hope you guys enjoyed this DIY. I loved how easy this was and how pretty it turned out! Don’t forget to tag me @thesavvypantry in your DIYs so that I can see your projects.
Now set forth and be Savvy!
One thought on “DIY Rose Gold Floral Wreath”