I love pasta and love how versatile it is. I especially love Catelli’s Smart pasta since it has 2x the amount of fiber when compared to the regular white pasta, but it still satisfies my craving for pasta.
I developed this lentil Bolognese recipe years ago but am finally sharing it with you. It is perfect for meal preps and can easily be doubled so you can always have a few jars available in the freezer. You can swap out any of the veggies in the below and use whatever you have on hand such as zucchini, eggplant and even cabbage.
This recipe is super easy to make and pairs perfectly with Catelli Smart Spaghetti. Hope you guys try this recipe out and let me know in the comments below what you think!
Now set forth and be savvy!
~Makes approximately 10 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves (the more the merrier!)
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 package of cremini mushroom (~227g), chopped
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 156 ml can of tomato paste
- 2 cup red split lentils
- 4 cups water
- Sautee the garlic in the olive oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes
- Add the leek and sautee for another 3 minutes
- Add a splash of water if needed
- Add the grated carrots and mushrooms along with the parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; cook for 4 minutes
- Add the soy sauce, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, lentils, water and let simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are cooked through, stirring occasionally to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pot, turning the heat down to medium low halfway through the simmering time
- Serve over your favourite Catelli Smart pasta