If you haven’t already seen Chrissy Teigen’s recipes all over the internet, you definitely need to check them out. Her recipes are full of flavour and always so craveable. When I saw a post on Instagram for how to make it vegan, I knew I needed to make my own version using ingredients that I always have on hand.
This recipe is easy to whip together during the week and so full of flavour you can easily serve it for a dinner party (post COVID of course). See below for my version of this delicious recipe.
Now set forth and be savvy!
Makes 4 servings
- 340 g of pasta your choice (I like to use linguine)
- 1 package silken tofu (300 g)
- 3 tbsp sambal oelek
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 package king oyster mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 packaged smoked tempeh (or other vegan bacon)
- 340 g of pasta (I like fettuccini)
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onion to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions
- In a food processor, blend the silken tofu, nutritional yeast, miso paste, sambal oelek and onion powder until smooth.
- In a large frying pan, heat up the olive oil over medium heat
- Add the minced garlic and sautee for about 3 minutes
- Add the king oyster mushrooms and sautee for another 4 minutes until browned
- Crumble the smoked tempeh and sautee for another 2 minutes until browned
- Turn down the heat to low
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss in with the mushroom and tempeh mixture
- Add the tofu mixture and the pasta water
- Toss with tongs to combine
- Serve with vegan parm cheese